The Second Annual Metal Insider Summit has been confirmed for this year’s New England Metal and Hardcore Festival on April 17, 2009. The Metal Insider Summit is an interactive, educational conference consisting of two panels where fans and the metal music industry can engage, share ideas and help further the scene. The Metal Insider Summit will give fans an opportunity to meet key members in the business and gain valuable insight on how to start their own careers. It will also give labels, managers, agents, endorsers, publishers, media promoters, bands and more the chance to interact with the people who buy their albums, tickets and merchandise.
Admission is free with an RSVP at MetalInsider.net and a ticket to New England Metal and Hardcore Festival, or appropriate proof of purchase. Those unable to attend will be able to partake and contribute with exclusive coverage at MetalInsider.net, MetalSucks.net and MetalInjection.net in the days following the event.
“I am very excited to moderate again this year at the Metal Insiders Summit at New England Metal Fest,” says Metal Blade Records CEO Brian Slagel. “Last year was a lot of fun and I felt we had a great panel and discussion. I look forward to another great year, see you there!”
Mass Concerts’ Scott Lee, participating in the Summit for the second year in a row, encourages casual fans and aspiring professionals alike to join. “If you are a fan or are interested in getting into the music business this is the place to be. Mass Concerts is proud to have The Metal Summit as part of the New England Metal and Hardcore Fest,” adds Lee.
Details for the Metal Insider Summit are as follows:
METAL INSIDER SUMMIT LOCATION:
Hilton Garden Inn
35 Major Taylor Blvd
Worcester, MA 01608
Session One: Metal During a Recession (1:00 – 1:45)
– Brian Slagel, Chairman/CEO of Metal Blade Records
– Ash Avildsen, TKO Booking/Sumerian Records/Summer Slaughter Tour
– Blasko, Artist Manager for Mercenary Management/Bassist, Ozzy Osbourne
– Scott Lee, Mass Concerts
– Jason Rudolph, Artist Manager for Heavy Hitter (DAATH, THE CHARIOT, IWRESTLEDABEARONCE)
– Amy Sciarretto, Director of Publicity for Roadrunner Records
Session Two: Breaking Into the Industry (2:00 – 2:45)
– Bram Teitelman, Radio Promotion for The Syndicate/Editor for MetalInsider.net
– Jason Bittner, Drummer for SHADOWS FALL/BURNING HUMAN
– Jody Dankburg, Director of Marketing and Artist Relations for Washburn/Randall/Eden/Parker
– Scott Givens, Vice President of Metal for E1 Entertainment
– Will Putney, Producer/Engineer at The Machine Shop
Visit to MetalInsider.net to RSVP: http://www.metalinsider.net