KILLING JOKE will celebrate their 35th anniversary in style next year with the release of The Singles Collection 1979-2012 and a world tour set to commence in Europe this coming March. 2013 will also see the band release a new studio album.
This is a group spawned from punk rock that set out on one of the most remarkable and idiosyncratic journeys ever. Their influence has been enormous, with an unlikely roll-call of musicians taking their cues from the KJ catalog, from NIRVANA to most modern American metal to many DJs and dance music mavericks.
The Singles Collection 1979-2012, set for release via Spinefarm/Universal on April 16, 2013. It will be released in three formats: as a digital download, a limited edition 3-CD set and a super deluxe edition.
3-CD Version includes:
- 33 career-spanning singles over 2 CDs + a third disc of rarities, including previously unreleased studio tracks. This 3-CD version will be limited in number, reverting to 2 CDs containing the singles tracks. To preorder, go here.
Super Deluxe Version includes:
- Hand-numbered hinged-lid “cigar box” made from 1500mcn black-lined rigid board finished with matt print retrospective artwork.
- 33 career-spanning CD singles plus selected B-Sides in full-color card wallets featuring original artwork.
- Rarities disc, including previously unreleased studio tracks.
- 32-page perfect-bound book including rare photos, archive notes, band commentary.
- Poster designed and personally signed by long-time KILLING JOKE artist/champion, Mike Coles, printed on 250gsm silk art.
- Aluminum screw-top branded cigar tube containing original wrappers of cigars smoked by Jaz Coleman and Paul Raven during the recording of the Hosannas From the Basements of Hell album. To preorder this version, go here.
KILLING JOKE, with their original line-up of Jaz Coleman, Geordie, Youth and Big Paul, have signed a brand new deal with Spinefarm and will soon set about recording a third studio album for the label. The release date of this new studio album is likely to be late 2013.
KILLING JOKE The Singles Tour 2013: (Additional dates TBA) 3/15/2013 Hammerfest – Wales, UK 3/16/2013 Forum – London, UK 3/18/2013 Trix – Antwerp, BE 3/20/2013 Bataclan – Paris, FR 4/19/2013 Irving Plaza - New York, NY 4/23/2013 Cafe Campus – Montreal, QC 4/24/2013 Lee’s Palace – Toronto, ON 4/26/2013 Empty Bottle – Chicago, IL 4/27/2013 Empty Bottle – Chicago, IL 4/30/2013 Neumos – Seattle, WA 5/01/2013 Rickshaw Theatre – Vancouver, BC 5/03/2013 Fillmore - San Francisco, CA 5/04/2013 Brick By Brick - San Diego, CA 5/05/2013 Henry Fonda - Los Angeles, CA